Home2022-07-24T13:54:48+00:00

History of the Memorial Hall

The Williams Memorial Hall is celebrating its 100 years anniversary in December 2022 / January 2023.

It was built in 1922 by Mrs Rose Williams in memory of her husband Mr Arthur John Williams and on 5th June 1923 the paperwork (Deed of Conveyance) was completed which transferred the building and land to the original trustees who were members of the local Parish Council.

The Deed was registered in the Central Office (now Charities Commission) on the 19th February 1924 and a later Schema dated 11th December 1936 formally appointed the Parish Council of Coychurch Lower, which became the Coychurch Lower Community Council in 1974, to be the Trustee of the Charity.

The Hall and land is held in trust for the benefit of the inhabitants of the Parish of Coychurch. To fulfil this responsibility the Hall needs to be self-sufficient financially so it has been opened over the years to people from the surrounding area and further afield to use as a venue for meetings, classes, social gatherings of interest groups, children’s activities, adult education, etc.

The Trustees are responsible for the good management and maintenance of the Hall and are, currently, actively researching improvements to the building to enable it to continue to serve the community in the future.

The Memorial Hall Coychurch is a registered charity with the Charity Commission for England and Wales. 

The Hall’s charity number is 246245.

What's On

Hall Hire

Contact the Coychurch Community Council

Latest News

Go to Top